This complex project saw the renovation of the old Royal Infirmary building located on the University of Worcester’s City Campus. The Grade 2 listed Royal Infirmary building dates from between 1767 and 1770 and is a fine example of a large Georgian brick structure, including the beautiful Jenny Lind Chapel. The British Medical Association (BMA) was founded here in 1860.
The University of Worcester is currently undertaking the restoration of these historic buildings as part of a wider £120m new Campus development which Greenwoods have been working with them on for over three years. The Royal Infirmary buildings will have a wide range of uses including exhibition, teaching and office space.
Greenwoods provided site supervision services on this project, which needs many special considerations due to its nature and listed status.
University of Worcester
City Campus Royal Infirmary